Tuesday 15 January 2013

Five Years On...

It's been over 5 - five! - years since the last post on this blog.  I had sort of just left it on the shelf gathering cobwebs.  But figured it might be worth resuscitating and posting the odd bit of content every so often (let's see how frequently that is, but hey I did say that this might only be updated intermittently!).

Why this horror-movie style revival from the grave?

Well, I already have a separate (anonymised) blog where I post occasional observations from my travels.  And so I did think about just updating to that.  But the two are on different themes.  This one seems much more focused on "development" whereas the other one is more, well, observational.

And I guess, five years into this second spring career shift into the "development" sector (which sadly has also meant an exposure to the "philanthropy" sector), I'm at a point where I want to make occasional sector-related arguments.

And posting them as comments in others' blogs seems, well, a bit troll-like.  And just talking to people, while infinitely more enjoyable, also means these are often transient conversations.  While just collecting random tweeted observations is, well, even more pointless...

So, I'll try and post a few things, and let's see if discipline is maintained...

No comments: